Annual meeting of the International Evaluation Committee of the INFN in Bari
The annual meeting of the INFN International Evaluation Committee (IEC) took place from 12 to 14 October in Bari, at the prestigious headquarters of the Swabian Castle.
The International Evaluation Committee has the task of assessing the overall scientific and technological results achieved by the institution and future development plans.
It is appointed by the Board of Directors on the proposal of the Executive Board of the Institute and is made up of five foreign scientists and by two Italian experts representing the economic community and the productive world.
At the end of its work, the IEC draws up a Report which verifies the overall status of the Institute’s activities, with particular reference to the scientific program, and which takes into account the management of financial and human resources.
The Report drawn up by the IEC will be sent in January 2023 to the MUR – Ministry of University and Research.
The CVI includes:
- A. J. Stewart Smith, Princeton University, USA – Chair;
- Martine Bosman, IFAE, Barcelona, Spain;
- Andrea Brandolini, Banca d’Italia, Italy;
- Iris Dillmann, TRIUMF, Canada;
- Werner Hofmann, MPI Heidelberg, Germany;
- Richard Keith Ellis, University of Durham, UK;
- Luca D’agnese, Cassa Depositi e Prestiti, Italy;
From January 1, 2023:
- Jorgen D’Hondt, Vrije Universiteit, Brussel, Belgium (replaces the chair from January 1, 2023);
- Maria Jose Garcia Borge, CSIC, Madrid, Spain (replaces Iris Dillmann from 1 January 2023);